Want to learn how to develop your psychic power? - Telepathy - Telekinesis - Clairvoyance - Precognition - Extra Sensory Perception Hopefully we can all work together to better our understanding of these psychic phenomenon.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Psychics vs witches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

Psychics vs witches Empty
PostSubject: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:29 am

You guys want to discuss the differences between psychics and witches(from religions: Wicca, pagan ect.)? Give all your opinion on it here.

How I see it:

example...
Psychics: The people who sees the beauty of the house and enjoys it, experiments with it.

Witches: Builds the house and is interested to create or change anything on it.(Plus, witches achieves their goal with the help of rituals and communicating with spirits)
Back to top Go down
Draconic Feathers
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Draconic Feathers

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:50 am

Witches and Wizards, Shamans, etc are by definition Psychics as well, however, yes, they have certain creeds, rites, ceremonies, and traditions they prefer to follow and focus on, rather than the development of psychic ability (usually anyways).
Back to top Go down
http://aeresvistaas.daportfolio.com
Michel De Nostradame
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Michel De Nostradame

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:39 am

This is how I define/see it.

Psychic kind: They have the ability to do the things that are willed from their own mind to do their deeds such as telekenesis and telepathy.

Witches: They tend to cast the rituals as a group using the group energy flow to do their deeds. They are powerful. Look up on Gerald Gardner. P.s his beard along with his hair is almighty awesome!

Shamans: They are similarly the same as witches but on animals. This is something I'd really love to go into. I've listened to shamanic drumming and it sounds so beautiful. Need to get myself one!
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:23 am

I suppose for me the big difference is that witches do Magick and cast spells and such. Thats not an area that I've delved into myself. I did once get an amulet blessed by a witch but I've never done anything like that myself.

Anyone here had any experience with witches or spell casting?
Back to top Go down
https://psychicinvestigation.forumotion.com
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 am

Mark Mauvais wrote:
I suppose for me the big difference is that witches do Magick and cast spells and such. Thats not an area that I've delved into myself. I did once get an amulet blessed by a witch but I've never done anything like that myself.

Anyone here had any experience with witches or spell casting?
I was doing some witchcraft at first. I could have done pyrokinesis and creating a shadow of myself moving it along by doing a ritual. But then I've started to get weird feelings like the chilling creepy sensation. Even started seeing weird cats staring to me at night. So I went to a church and went daily till I realized these feelings are over. They were creepy as hell.

That's why I'm training on my psychic abilities. Less communicating with spirits because in witchcraft you do it all the time, and no more rituals.
Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 am

I know nothing about witchcraft, so you don't have to listen to what i'm about to say. I think that if you wear a rosary, smear some holy water somewhere on your body, say a few prayers, and do some stuff like that you might be able to block off evil spirits. The safest place to do witchcraft would be in a church. Again I know nothing at all about witchcraft so I might not know what i'm talking about, but better safe than sorry I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-NHueCjt8uLuv2QeyzUJIw
Draconic Feathers
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Draconic Feathers

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 am

I've experience with the stuff. The primary difference is the interaction with spirits. Same thing with shamans, shamans don't solely work with animals, they work with all kinds of spirits, ones from here, ones from "above" and ones from "below" and beyond, even.

Shamans and witches/wizards etc focus their psychic abilities primarily on multidimensional awareness - aka Astral Projection, Clairvoyance and Telepathy, and then some. These kinds of abilities are what they use to contact the spirits, travel to other worlds (not physically), and stay in communication with them.

So that said, their skills are akin to Mediums and the sort. Telepathy and all that goes into play with rituals, as rituals are often done to summon or conjure energy/beings in a particular context. I mean, if you think about it a little bit it makes sense - how are you going to talk to a spirit and hear it? With your mouth and ears? It's not physically there!

These sorts of people do develop psychic ability though, in varying degrees, either on purpose for their work or simply as a by-product of their work. While they have things like spirits to help them out with things, to do make use of their own abilities, but rarely rely solely upon their own power to accomplish something, either directly or indirectly. Such people tend to be prudent with their energy.

Witches and etc also tend to maintain a certain lifestyle in order to "keep up" with the spirits and energies they practice with and want in their lives, and make use of various tools and whatnot for those ends (altars, wands, crystals, chalices, herbs, prayers, candles etc).

So yeah as far as creepy feelings go, this is why - magick, witchcraft, shamanism, employs spirits. You were sensing spirits flying around you after summoning them into your life.

A "Psychic", is one who solely focuses on their personal psychic power and developing just that, without the intercession of spirits and the goals a witch wizard or shaman would normally have (manifesting things like more money in your life, healing a friend, help finding a job, cursing someone or removing a curse, exorcizing, help with spiritual development, etc).

They may have similar goals at times but a psychic would attempt to approach it with their own power. In this context, one could say a psychic is a bit closer to a martial artist than a shaman, even though shamans have many psychic abilities and capacities as well. However, there are some psychics out there who are fond of using things like crystals, tarot cards and Angels and whatnot, in regards to divination and healing practices. Sometimes some people just call themselves "Psychics" when they're actually a magician of some sort, just to avoid the negative cultural context usually associated with mages witches and wizards, (sorcerors etc). "Psychic" just sounds more friendly to today's modern world.

Now Mystics, on the other hand...people like Yogi's or Qigong masters, etc,...they might be described as a mix of the two. They can interface with spirits now and then (usually something like a Dakini or Hindu Deity or a Boddhisattva, etc), but will more often than not, strive to accomplish the growth and development they seek on their own through sheer mental discipline and will.

Regardless, all of the paths described here require meditation and discipline.

All of that said - magick, and its variations, is definitely not for everyone. It requires being very "social", in a spiritual context, with many different types of "characters", and going places that are definately not meant for the weak of heart.

Psionics, however, is sorta for everyone. There isn't really much risk involved, if any, and simply requires altering your perception of day to day reality and working on yourself. I feel anyone can benefit from realizing their latent potentials, and still be able to continue their normal lives.

To sum it all up - I'd say pretty much all magicians/shamans are in fact psychics as well. But not all psychics are magicians.
Back to top Go down
JScofield
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
JScofield

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:56 pm

I have been into the craft for over ten years. I never had a problem with dark nor evil spirits. I basically interact with the gods/goddesses/saints to help aid in my desire for a change of some kind; however, I'm really just sending out my energy to create a change. I would have to say that witches are stronger depending on how well they can influence the world around them.
Back to top Go down
Draconic Feathers
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Draconic Feathers

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:26 pm

JScofield wrote:
I have been into the craft for over ten years. I never had a problem with dark nor evil spirits. I basically interact with the gods/goddesses/saints to help aid in my desire for a change of some kind; however, I'm really just sending out my energy to create a change. I would have to say that witches are stronger depending on how well they can influence the world around them.

Magick works out when you are clear about what you want to go for and "who" you want to work with to get there Smile

And yes, that's probably so since witches and such enter the path for that very purpose...to be able to effect change in the world around them. "Reality hacking", as some have called it.
Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:19 am

Can a witch gather enough energy from spirits to levitate? Is that why in most stereotypes of witches they are flying on a broomstick?
Back to top Go down
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:29 am

Yes. They use the broomstick for different reasons. But the most popular that we know from the medieval times they used broomsticks for transvection/flying/levitation
Back to top Go down
Draconic Feathers
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Draconic Feathers

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Well to a degree. It's no easy feat finding and then compelling spirits with such power to do such an amazing gravity defying feat for you.

If you wanted to levitate badly enough you should aspire to master PK and other mental powers. It's not worth the trouble trying to get into magick and work your way up as a magician just to levitate or try to ride a broom. There's much more to it than that, and the path should be pursued for better reasons.

You're more likely to hurt yourself and encounter unsavory beings than to experience success with levitation, due to the way you would be entering the path.
Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:46 pm

According to this woman all witchcraft is evil. Even white witchcraft.

Do you think that all witchcraft is evil?

If you don't think that all witchcraft is evil please give proof of it.

Also PK, TK, and predicting the future aren't examples of witchcraft, but speaking to the dead is?
Back to top Go down
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Jake G. wrote:

Also PK, TK, and predicting the future aren't examples of witchcraft, but speaking to the dead is?
No! Speaking to the dead is more like talking to a spirit. So you just get smarter in the physical word and spiritual. Nothing psychic is evil! And witchcraft, it depends how you use it. But it has more risks.
Back to top Go down
calebredd
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Witchcraft, and knowledge in general isn't evil, its neutral. You decide whether you want to use your powers for good or evil but the knowledge itself is just knowledge
Back to top Go down
Draconic Feathers
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Draconic Feathers

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:12 am

Jake G. wrote:

Why do you need proof that it's not evil? Do you have any proof it IS evil, aside from some random opinionated teenage girl on youtube?

If you're worried about witchcraft being evil, you should be worried about Psychic practices being evil...the logic behind why witchraft would be evil is the same for psychic abilities.

http://www.markmauvais.blogspot.com/2013/08/what-does-bible-say-about-psychics.html

FYI not all magick is witchcraft...but all witchcraft is magick. Witchcraft is a type of magick.

Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:54 am

I want know why psychics are considered evil.
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:25 am

Do you think we are evil?
Back to top Go down
https://psychicinvestigation.forumotion.com
Draconic Feathers
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Draconic Feathers

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:43 am

Mark covers it in his blog post - because the [King James] Bible says so. Why? Because people with esoteric insight don't need to rely on Priests for higher truths; they are able to come to their own understanding of spirituality and the nature of our cosmos; they don't need an intermediary to commune with God.

They can do so themselves.

These beliefs came into existence after Constantine converted to Christianity and then prohibited all Paganism in Rome; and then created the "King James Bible" for everyone to follow. Before then, everyone was doing magick and whatnot left and right, as it was normal and part of their varying faiths. Even the early Christians (Gnostics) had their esoteric practices.

Not too long after a Theocracy is established...and then Rome falls and we have the Middle Ages to show for it, where all knowledge, wisdom and technology drop to squalor and grind to a halt for a looong while.

So long story short, in other words - control. That's why people who do magick, and psychics, are "evil". Because they can think for themselves.

Btw, Mark even has quotes from the Bible in his blog post. You really should read up the references people give you, in response to your questions, before asking new ones.
Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:00 am

Huh?
Back to top Go down
calebredd
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:06 am

I don't think we are evil lol different, but not evil. Its human nature to fear what you don't understand so no hard feelings
Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:13 am

calebredd9 wrote:
I don't think we are evil lol different, but not evil. Its human nature to fear what you don't understand so no hard feelings
I never thought you were evil. I just wanted to know why you were considered evil.
Back to top Go down
calebredd
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 am

Who considers us evil?
Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:09 pm

The bible...god...

I guess what i mean to be asking is why the bible says it's evil?
Back to top Go down
calebredd
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:43 pm

God considers us evil? lol Thats pretty messed up. First of all, the bible was written by man, not God, but I can assure you, Psion's are not evil. I believe in God and practice psychokinesis and magic if you consider Reiki "magic." I practice all types of energy manipulation and still believe and worship God
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psychics vs witches   Psychics vs witches Empty

Back to top Go down

Psychics vs witches

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next