Want to learn how to develop your psychic power? - Telepathy - Telekinesis - Clairvoyance - Precognition - Extra Sensory Perception Hopefully we can all work together to better our understanding of these psychic phenomenon.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Downgraded music

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nowforever13
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
nowforever13

Downgraded music  Empty
PostSubject: Downgraded music    Downgraded music  EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 am

yes you heard it right XD i decided to make a thread about how music has degraded in the past 40-50 years
in the 60s and 70s there was music that tried to open the eyes of the public against "the man" or the government but most of these songs where made while people where on severe drugs but still the message was spread much like steppenwolfs born to be wild

in the 80s we had the onset of rap music which started when Run DMC done a song with aerosmith in the 80s people started singing about love which they did in the 70s also but there were more ballads wrote and more songs about government and just chillin at school with the boys much like motley crues song smokin in the boys room or twisted sister and alice coopers song be cruel to your school and then through the late 80s we had the start of gangsta rap which rapped about gang killings and drugs
you also had the Parents music resource center which tried to eliminate rock music all together because of its "influence on children"

in the 90s there was grunge music that started with bands like nirvana which where basically bands that sung about being extremely depressed and sad gangsta rap sort of took the stage in this era which got it popular not much popular stuff happened in the 90s

once the 00 hit in there was a new genre of rock called nu metal where bands like mudvayne slip knot mushroom head and various others began and those bands started singing about life and what it was about in the place of rap people started singing about drugs money sex killing gangs etc
i stumbled upon lyrics of a song where all they where was (nazir dont be offended by what i am about to say) they consisted of was the very racist word 'nigga' and fuck that 'african american shit im a nigga' not being racist in anyway here at all
in america back in the 60s we had the movment for desegregation here and calling a black person that word was an extreme insult
my point being how could music go from being very inspirational all the way to being racist against yourself, singing about drugs and gang killing ?
sorry if i offend anyone here with this post, it just angers me because i have african heritage and if they heard the stuff being said they would turn in their graves
Back to top Go down

Downgraded music

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1