Want to learn how to develop your psychic power? - Telepathy - Telekinesis - Clairvoyance - Precognition - Extra Sensory Perception Hopefully we can all work together to better our understanding of these psychic phenomenon.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Women in Religion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

Women in Religion Empty
PostSubject: Women in Religion   Women in Religion EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 4:23 pm

In Christianity and the bible, most of the evil deeds committed is done by women and much blame for the problems with humanity fall at womankind's door.

For example it was Eve in the story of creation who was responsible for Original sin. The story goes that after God created Adam from clay, he made Eve from one of Adams ribs. God told Adam and Eve they could eat anything they want from the garden of Eden paradise except for the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. A snake tempts Eve to eat the apple and she in turn convinces Adam to also eat the fruit.

Women in Religion Tumblr_krucwmhQA91qz5hh4o1_400

After eating the apple God banishes Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden and thus begins all the problems of mankind. They would be forced to work the land for food and women would have to endure the pain of child birth.

The full story can be found by following this link:

http://psychicdictionary.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/bible-book-of-genesis-3.html

Now the reason I mention this is I find a striking similarity between this Judeo-Christian story and the Ancient Greek myth of Pandoras box. Pandora's box is the story of the first woman like the Eve story from the book of Genesis. Interestingly Pandora is also made of clay.

Women in Religion Pandora_-_John_William_Waterhouse

The gods leave a box with Pandora and instruct her in no uncertain terms not to open the box. Inevitably curiosity gets the better of Pandora and she opens it. Upon opening the box she releases disease, hate, envy and all of mans other problems in to the world. The only thing which remains is a tiny bug: hope.

http://psychicdictionary.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/hesiod-pandora-box-ancient-text.html

So my question is this: What do you make of this link? Could the two story's be related in some way?

Is it unfair to blame the problems of mankind on the actions of women? Does that promote sexism in religion?

Do you have or know of a similar story in your religion or cultural mythology?
Back to top Go down
https://psychicinvestigation.forumotion.com
gustanak
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice

Women in Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women in Religion   Women in Religion EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:07 am

There is a tv show that debates this type of things. I think it is national geographic
Back to top Go down
Strooghouli
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Strooghouli

Women in Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women in Religion   Women in Religion EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:18 am

I think it's just a coincidence that a women sinned first supposedly. Or maybe not, but all i get from this is that women are evil and there fore be gay. LOL JK
Back to top Go down
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

Women in Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women in Religion   Women in Religion EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:33 am

Women are like us in a way(spiritually advanced people). They have so much knowledge using their right-side brain more then their left ones. Leading them to discovering secrets, even dark ones. Don't know if it makes much sense but it's what I think for now.
Back to top Go down
spiritualwarrior25
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice
spiritualwarrior25

Women in Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women in Religion   Women in Religion EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Yes nazir, women ( those who wants) advance more quickly in spirituality and all the fields involving right brain activity. I have experienced this for myself. Even in hinduism women are given a lot of importance when it comes to participating in daily prayers and rituals( im unable to express myself right now. Apologies for that)
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

Women in Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women in Religion   Women in Religion EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:49 am

@spiritualwarrior25 Is there a story similar to this in Hinduism?
Back to top Go down
https://psychicinvestigation.forumotion.com
spiritualwarrior25
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice
spiritualwarrior25

Women in Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women in Religion   Women in Religion EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Yes Mark. Not just a story but it is practiced throughout India (hindus). Have you heard about "navratra"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Women in Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Women in Religion   Women in Religion Empty

Back to top Go down

Women in Religion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1