Want to learn how to develop your psychic power? - Telepathy - Telekinesis - Clairvoyance - Precognition - Extra Sensory Perception Hopefully we can all work together to better our understanding of these psychic phenomenon.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skeptics and Skepticism opinions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

Skeptics and Skepticism opinions Empty
PostSubject: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 pm

What do you think about skeptics?
Back to top Go down
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:16 pm

I know it's healthy bla bla bla. But sometimes(no, most of the times) skeptics really work on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:33 am

We are skeptics to other subjects, I know I am a hollow earth skeptic and many of you are alien skeptics.

To disregard a subject of which you know nothing about or to remain unmoved when presented evidence contrary to your beliefs. I deal with these people regularly, who demand proof and then deny it when it is presented. Some people will disagree with whatever you say regardless. You guys ate young and at your age I too struggled not having emotional reactions to things in my life. The fact is that other peoples beliefs in their heads has no reflection on your personal reality, just be cool.
Back to top Go down
https://psychicinvestigation.forumotion.com
fiz192
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 1:41 am

these people cant follow a paradigm shift. we deal with alot of paradigm shift in science world especialy when a new theory comes up. they cant move on with the believe they all have.
Back to top Go down
fiz192
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 1:42 am

they only see a half empty cup while we see a half full cup. Smile just ignore them nazir
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:40 am

For centuries people were judged and even killed for being skeptical about the earth being flat. There is a thing called confirmation bias, that's when if you read something which agrees with what you already believe then you are more likely to accept it, conversely if it disagrees with your opinions you will disregard it.
Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:14 am

They can be very annoying, and frustrating, sometimes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-NHueCjt8uLuv2QeyzUJIw
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:10 am

We only think that because they disagree with what we think. Like I said we are all skeptics. Who here believes in Zeus the Greek king of the gods?
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:10 am

It's not 'us' and 'them'.
Back to top Go down
Jake G.
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Jake G.

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:21 pm

I mean that they are annoying when they... I can't think of the words to say :/ They are annoying when they don't consider anything, and they insist they are correct with no proof, and when they start cursing and making you look foolish.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-NHueCjt8uLuv2QeyzUJIw
Frankenstein
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Frankenstein

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:50 pm

I agree Jake G.
I think skeptics could be something good and not all these trolls that think they are a skeptic. I can also just see 1 point in this trollskeptics : A DIRTY MOUTH
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ41D9dYIVsEAWdeC2yMA9g
Maniackillzor
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:15 pm

I've studied philosophical skepticism, and I can understand where people come from when they get skeptical. Ever since I was young I was skeptical about my existence. I was consistently going through an existential crisis. It peeked(or peaked, not a clue which) my (Super) senior of high-school and ended up with two trips to the mental hospital. (Not because I'm crazy, but because I attracted a lot of attention from the things you don't want attention from.) That point in my life I discovered my.... gifts. Now I deal with skeptics on a daily basis who want to drug me with things that I don't want to take. My second trip to the hospital was caused by frustration from a skeptical family member. Now I've learned how to deal with myself in a way that doesn't cause me to do the things that landed me there. This post is quickly becoming a tangent on my life story, and I'll be glad to post it all somewhere else if your interested I just don't want to derail this thread
Back to top Go down
CruelCrusader
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
CruelCrusader

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 9:39 am

Mark Mauvais wrote:
who demand proof and then deny it when it is presented. Some people will disagree with whatever you say regardless.

its called being a devils advocate. you keep presenting flaws in someones theory till you can prove them wrong IF you can prove them wrong. my sister is amazing at this >.< but at the same time it keeps me moving forward in my pursuit for knowledge.

fiz192 wrote:
they only see a half empty cup while we see a half full cup.
you know what i say to a comment like that... half full or half empty doesnt matter.. just be grateful you have a cup to pour water into.

i talked about this in my chakras post. because you passionately believe in something true to you. it will bring out the ugly side of people because majority of people today don't have something they are passionate about except religion. and deep down inside everyone believes this stuff exists, people are afraid of what they dont understand, and they hate to be put beneath someone else especially if that person is younger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skeptics and Skepticism opinions   Skeptics and Skepticism opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

Skeptics and Skepticism opinions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1