Want to learn how to develop your psychic power? - Telepathy - Telekinesis - Clairvoyance - Precognition - Extra Sensory Perception Hopefully we can all work together to better our understanding of these psychic phenomenon.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

christening / baptism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

christening / baptism Empty
PostSubject: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:07 pm

In Christianity there is a ceremony known as a christening or baptism. Its when a person officially becomes a Christian, the way this happens is a priest or vicar or whatever blesses the person with holy water. The same thing happens to Jesus when John the Baptist performs this ceremony in the river Jordan.

christening / baptism JohnBaptist

I'm going to one of these today, not for myself of course but for a member of my family. Whilst I may not agree I'm all about accepting others beliefs and supporting their ideas. The thing is that its a baby being christened and I must say I'm not really sure whether a baby should become a member of a religion before it has an opportunity to chose for itself.

Hell I know if I could have chosen my religion as a child I'd be a Hindu, all those cool animal gods with six or eight arms... That'd be awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://psychicinvestigation.forumotion.com
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:11 pm

I totally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:15 pm

I wonder if they have these sorts of entry ceremonies in other religions. I know that the Bar Mitzvah in Judaism is about becoming a man but not really about becoming a Jew.
Back to top Go down
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Paganism has one.
Back to top Go down
gustanak
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Yes you are right. But in my opinion you can change religion after it if you want. It is not a chain. Many of my friends have been bapticed and now they dont even believe in god.
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:39 pm

gustanak wrote:
Yes you are right. But in my opinion you can change religion after it if you want. It is not a chain. Many of my friends have been bapticed and now they dont even believe in god.

That's exactly what happened to me. My parents baptised me as a baby but I later rebelled against that and am now an atheist.
Back to top Go down
nowforever13
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
nowforever13

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:51 pm

i think when you are younger and forced to do a religious thing such as go to church you tend to be against that particular thing or anything you are forced to do as a child it is really sad that parents force theyre children into a religion without giving the child a chance in its own decisions
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:58 pm

I found this about Hindu 'baptism'

Once the child enters the world, Jatakarma is performed to welcome the child into the family, by putting some honey in the child's mouth and whispering the name of God in the child's ear.

Other rituals include a naming ceremony (Namakarna), the Nishkarmana (the child's first trip out) and the Annaprasana, (the child's first taste of solid food).

The ear-piercing ceremony (Karnavedha) and first haircut (Mundan) ceremonies are also considered highly significant.
Back to top Go down
Teresa Kinsley
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Teresa Kinsley

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:20 pm

I was baptized as a baby, too!  flower 
Back to top Go down
Haddock
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice
Haddock

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptyTue May 20, 2014 6:18 pm

I'm surprised that my parent's didn't baptize me or my brothers, but I really respect that. They said that they didn't want to force us into church and into their religion (which they actually did afterwards). Most of my cousins were baptized but their parent's are not and were not christian's and I've been thinking is that/was that just some tradition even if you are not religious people.
Back to top Go down
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptyWed May 21, 2014 12:00 am

You're right, it became like a first-thing-first thing. I really liked it how your parents did the opposite. That is what I would do.
Back to top Go down
spiritualwarrior25
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice
spiritualwarrior25

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 12:56 pm

You are right about hindu cereminies mark. But im of a view that one should not change their relegion. You are born in that family in that relegion for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Mark Mauvais
Admin
Admin
Mark Mauvais

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:47 am

Haddock wrote:
I'm surprised that my parent's didn't baptize me or my brothers, but I really respect that. They said that they didn't want to force us into church and into their religion (which they actually did afterwards). Most of my cousins were baptized but their parent's are not and were not christian's and I've been thinking is that/was that just some tradition even if you are not religious people.

This is what I think, that nobody should be forced to join a religion befor ethey are old enough to make an informed decision.
Back to top Go down
Teresa Kinsley
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
Teresa Kinsley

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Is it that even though I was baptized as a baby, but never gotten a chance to go to church from then to now? We kept trying now, but we always overslept until 9:30 or 10:00. U wouldn't blame us b/c it's Sunday, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: christening / baptism   christening / baptism Empty

Back to top Go down

christening / baptism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Psychic Investigations :: The Paranormal Room :: Religious Discussion-