Want to learn how to develop your psychic power? - Telepathy - Telekinesis - Clairvoyance - Precognition - Extra Sensory Perception Hopefully we can all work together to better our understanding of these psychic phenomenon.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Psychics dying out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rod
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

Psychics dying out? Empty
PostSubject: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 am

Why was there more psychics back in the day than now? Where I live, only me and 3 others are psychic.
Back to top Go down
Tony09
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:35 am

I believe there was a discussion about this a while back. One of the reasons is because of religion. This was considered witchcraft and anyone who practiced it was to be killed.
Back to top Go down
Rod
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 am

oh... okay thanks
Back to top Go down
Tony09
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:37 am

No problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Theosoph
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Theosoph

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 10:34 am

This is a good question. But the answer to this question goes way beyond just human boundaries; but from a humanistic perspective there are just a few answers. The most important of answers I believe is that the concept and ideologies of science has completely taken over most of the world in general acceptance, especially in the western hemisphere, with the eastern hemisphere being not so far behind. Because of man's constant stance of proof with test-ability; people have become less in touch with their spiritual side. Way back in a simpler time, it was a necessity for people to be spiritual inorder for their daily lives to be normal. Shamans, prayers to god(s), and even offerings were a normal thing to simpler man, because that is what produced positive results for them in that time frame. But as the world become more technologically advanced, spirituality became more of a separated thing from daily life to more of a secular tradition if you understand what I'm getting at. Religion became the one and only source of spirituality as technology, math, and science began to sweep the world.
Back to top Go down
http://higherthantruth.wordpress.com/
Barakaflackaflame
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Barakaflackaflame

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 10:56 am

Theres also the fact that when someone openly talks about their abilities, they end up going to an institution... :/
Back to top Go down
Theosoph
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Theosoph

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 11:01 am

Barakaflackaflame wrote:
Theres also the fact that when someone openly talks about their abilities, they end up going to an institution... :/

I second that notion, It's either that or they are taken into custody by "higher-ups" and experimented on!  No
Back to top Go down
http://higherthantruth.wordpress.com/
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 pm

For me it's kinda really simple. Back in the days it was misunderstood as it is today, but the people were still more open minded. But in today's society we are grown to be more left brained(straight, logical thinkers) than right brained(creative thinker, feminine energy). Ignoring our right brain side that much is what closed people to the possibilities of these things and made them simply illogical to today's society.
Back to top Go down
Strooghouli
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Strooghouli

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:11 pm

It is dying out because there was never any truth within their psychic ism or not much. Most of the psychic's back in the day were usually only, frauds, helping people talk to ghosts, helping people with atrology...ect. Simply put no one ever really learned much from psychic's in those day's. Nothing really important anyway. Most of them just like to brag and boast about their abilities when most of thing's they were saying to be truth was either lies or made up by their on disillusion minds. Also what I think your really saying is why isn't there a lot of talk about psychic's or psychics being on tv or on phone chats. I am sure it because people started to realize their hoax and when they started to falter, because of Ender Endeavor!!!!!
Back to top Go down
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 2:07 am

Are you sure ALL of them are hoaxes? Don't say something unless you're 100% sure about it. But yeah, of course you can explain to me the phenomenon of people such as Edgar Cayce and Nostradamus. No big deal right?
Back to top Go down
IndigoTeen98
Psychic Jedi Knight
Psychic Jedi Knight
IndigoTeen98

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 2:11 am

Understand that there is A LOT in the field you call psychicism. And the ones that were usually frauds were mediums. And still there were and there re still legit ones. Illusionist were able to replicate psychic feats. Does it mean they're ALL fake?
Back to top Go down
Strooghouli
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Strooghouli

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:11 pm

No, not all of them were hoaxes. Most of them were only communicating with ghosts though any way. Some could see into the future and those ones usually were not hoaxes. Those ones are actually useful as well.
Back to top Go down
Strooghouli
Psychic Padawan
Psychic Padawan
Strooghouli

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:16 pm

Nostradamus is very hard to explain, much like the effect. The Nostradamus effect is when people believe they were a certain person in their past life. I could work out that the certain person you are saying you were, is actually only effecting you positively or negatively. Usually though that is the case, you were not actually the person you said you were in your past life. The person is just effecting you either positively/negatively and you wish that you were him/her. Also, you could be saying you were a certain person in order to gain. Soul, wealth, moral support, ect. Anyway, my belief is that Nostradamus was only pointing these out. Like how I was saying it. Was only trying to point out frauds saying they were certain people in their past lives, but were not.
Back to top Go down
spiritualwarrior25
Psychic Apprentice
Psychic Apprentice
spiritualwarrior25

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Ok guys...i have visited one of my past lives by myself and came back. The plaace i saw then i saw in the newspaper yesterday. I know im a psychic although in the initial stages, and i have stunned a few left brained people so far. " no tricks. Im not a magician". Forums like this are spreading awareness and one can only hope that people become more open minded about us psychics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psychics dying out?   Psychics dying out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Psychics dying out?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1